The Accolade

Centennial honors its valedictorian and salutatorian

Back to Article
Back to Article

Karis Wang (left) and Marianne Lamarche (right).
(credit: Marianne Lamarche)

Karis Wang (left) and Marianne Lamarche (right). (credit: Marianne Lamarche)

Christine Pang, Staff Writer

On February 14, Centennial announced its valedictorian and salutatorian for the 2018-2019 school year.

Marianne Lamarche, the valedictorian, will attend either the University of Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology, or Vanderbilt University studying childhood development and psychology. During her time at Centennial, Marianne has served as the president of Spanish National Honors Society, the president of the Thespian Society, and founded the EL Success Lab, a program at Hillside Elementary School that assists ESOL students in learning English.

When asked about her high school experience, Marianne said, “I can’t imagine having gone to any other high school besides Centennial! My four years here, besides being so much fun, prepared me so well for anything the future will hold, and I will miss the students, teachers, staff, and memories we’ve made here so much,” she added. 

Karis Wang, the salutatorian, will be attending the Georgia Institute of Technology studying mechanical engineering and industrial design. At Centennial, Karis has accomplished many things during her high school career. Having been student council president for the past three years, secretary of Key Club, and an officer in HOSA, Karis has proven herself to be a hard-working, dedicated member of the CHS community.

About earning the position as salutatorian, Karis said, “I’m really proud of us for working this hard and being able to obtain these titles as girls.”

We wish these two luck in their future endeavors!

About the Writer
Christine Pang, Staff Writer

Christine Pang is a senior and a staff writer for The Accolade. She enjoys writing about politics, social justice, and music.