Centennial showcases senior-directed One-acts and Dessert Theater

Back to Article
Back to Article

Centennial Theater at Thescon in Columbus, Ga., an annual thespian convention.

Allison Scenna

Allison Scenna

Allison Scenna

Christine Pang, Staff Writer

The Centennial Players are approaching the end of their 2018-2019 season and are hosting their last productions for the year. Senior-directed one-acts will be held on April 23 and 24 at 7:00 p.m. and a senior-directed full length murder mystery will be held on April 26 at 7:00 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre.

Three one-acts will be presented: “Speech and Debate” directed by Sarah Harrison and Geordyn Marks; “Laughter in the Shadow of the Trees” directed by Marianne Lamarche and Charlotte Lee; and “Divorce, Anyone?” directed by Aria Person-Ramey and Lana Aga. As for lead roles, “Speech and Debate” will showcase Ellery Denmon, Colin Kennedy, Kate Phares, and Cole Simmons; “Laughter in the Shadow of the Trees” features Nicole Allario, Davis McDonough, and Alaya Holmes; and Troy Johnson and Ansley Wunderlich will star in“Divorce, Anyone?”. Admission is free.

On Friday, Centennial’s Players will present its last production of the year, “This Town is the Whole World” directed by Chloe Dobbs and Joe Scott. Standing as a continuation of a long-standing Centennial tradition, Dessert Theater, “This Town is the Whole World” is a full-length murder mystery about “a small-town news team struggling to stay afloat when an opportunity unexpectedly arises, sending them on a downward spiral of grief and destruction.”

Tickets are $10. Desserts will be served at intermission and the Centennial Players invite students to watch their final efforts.