The Accolade

Avengers: End Game Review

No spoilers here!

Kaleb Bang, Staff Writer

This past weekend was a pivotal moment for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Avengers: End game is the 22nd installment of the MCU franchise, and it incorporated many “Easter eggs” and the culmination of story lines from previous movies into this one, legendary film.

Kicking off this weekend, Avengers: End Game knocked ticket sales straight out of the park, breaking box office records. In North America alone, this movie brought in $350 million. On a global aspect, End Game made a grand total of $1.2 billion. The previous record was held by “Avengers: Infinity War”, which grossed $640 million on its opening weekend. The first Avengers movie grossed $200 million on its opening weekend. Avengers End Game smashed ticket sales to make the movie a game changer in not only the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but for the whole entire film industry as well.

Clocking in at just above 3 hours, “Avengers: End Game” promised to bring a close to 11 years of storytelling as well as open possibilities for a new phase of the Marvel franchise. Led by the Russo brothers, Anthony and Joseph, these talented directors make sure to include a near-perfect storyline, a handful of references, and their creative vision to bring to life one of the best finales of all time. The cast is filled with franchise actors and stars that all deliver their best performance to portray the superheroes that we all know and love.

The basic synopsis of this film begins with the aftermath of the “Snappening.” It provides a more in-depth perspective on the impact of lost loved ones to our main heroes. The overall premise is the idea of how the Avengers are going to cope with and move on after this major catastrophe. If dealing with Thanos’s “snap”was already hard enough, Earth’s mightiest heroes still have their nemesis to defeat. The only question that remains is: Will the Avengers be able to stop Thanos? Or will this truly be the end game for all?

Overall, the movie as a whole is a piece of work. As a Marvel fan following this 22-movie-long saga, I left the theatre with the closure and satisfaction that I wanted. I had high expectations for this film considering the length and the cliff-hanging ending from Infinity War. The cast and crew behind this movie did not fail in exceeding expectations. With amazing special effects as well a marvelous music score,  the scenes were able to really shine on the big screen. Bathroom breaks are out of the question because you do not want to miss anything. The film was tied-up very well with consistent character development, a great plot, and remarkable scenes.

Overall rating: 9.4/ 10