Centennial Knights Basketball Update

Back to Article
Back to Article

Centennial Knights Basketball Update

Logon Turner making a 3-point shot.

Logon Turner making a 3-point shot.

Centennialathletics

Logon Turner making a 3-point shot.

Centennialathletics

Centennialathletics

Logon Turner making a 3-point shot.

Mia Muse, Staff Writer

The Centennial Knight basketball teams have been working hard and growing as a team since the beginning of the season.

The girls JV team has been exceptionally good with an undefeated score of 4-0. Coach Dana said with players being mentally and physically stronger this year gives them that ability to not only beat the other team but beat them by 20 or more points each time.

Our Centennial boys JV team is also undefeated so far. “The JV team is very good at working as a team and trusting each with with the ball,” said Coach Dana. They are also 4-0. 

The varsity boys team is 4-7 and ranked 3rd in the region. Coach Burch had a lot to say about the younger boys on the varsity team. “They are real promising to the team,” he said. “Logan Turner and Kyle Jonson are only juniors and are on the starting lineup for the games. There is also Mansir Williamson. He is a freshman and the starting point guard, he also contributes a lot to the game points.” Also in the most recent game against Cambridge, Turner made his 1,000th shot of his career. 

Next semester most of Centennial varsity games will be played at home on Fridays. So make sure you and your friends come out to watch these super fun and hype games to support our Knights.