Disney Plus v. Netflix – Who’s Winning?

Mia Muse, Staff Writer

Disney Plus is rising to become Netflix’s number one rival. But what is Disney Plus?

Disney Plus is the on-demand, ad-free streaming service that Disney fans have been waiting for. The streaming service has tons of movies and shows available for anyone to stream from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox. 

Some of the high school users say that Disney plus is a gateway to your childhood memories. If you are interested in seeing what’s all the buzz about click here to sign up. 

“I was watching That’s So Raven on Disney Plus and it just took me back to my childhood. I probably won’t be watching cable anymore because they got everything on there,” said Sophomore student Skylar Martin.

Disney Plus’s monthly subscription is only $6.99 a month while Netflix is $12.99, and Hulu is $11.99. That means Disney Plus is cheaper than most popular streaming services.

While Disney Plus doesn’t have every new Disney production it still has the oldies such as That’s So Raven, Hannah Montana, and Shake It Up. The Disney Plus layout is similar to any streaming platform, especially Netflix.

Disney Plus was originally released for the public in 2017 but because of there major network issues it didn’t get a great start. 2019 is when this service took off with more than ten million subscribers. 

There are also many ways you can stream Disney Plus. You can stream on XBox, phones, TV, Playstation 4, and many more.