Seniors! Are you ready for the end?

Haisa Nguyen, Staff Writer

Seniors! Graduation is approaching fast, and there are many things to be done before the big walk across the stage, but a lot of people are not sure what needs to be done. Worry no more; here are seven things to do this semester so you feel more than ready to start the beginning of the end: 

• FILL. OUT. FAFSA. 
      1. FAFSA applications opened up back in October, and close on June 30th, 2020. The process is long and tedious, but it’s very important that you get it done as soon as possible because applications for the Hope Scholarship and Zell Miller are through FAFSA as well. 
  • KEEP YOUR GRADES UP! 
      1. The second semester is when seniors start to fall behind on their schoolwork in what is called “senioritis”. However, if you fall victim to this then you could be in danger of getting your college offers pulled. So, keep those grades up! 
  • Attend school functions that you may have never been to before. 
      1. Go to that basketball game or to that school dance that you may have had no interest in two years ago. You only get to experience high school once, so make the most of it. 
  • APPLY TO COLLEGE 
      1. Make sure you start applying to college in your second semester. That way, you’ll have more time to prepare for dorms or figure out living situations once you’ve been accepted into the college of your choice. 
  • Send your transcripts to colleges of your choice 
      1. Transcripts are sent through Parchment. Visit www.mycentennialcounseling.com to find directions on how to do it. Remember, it takes about two weeks for transcripts to process so make sure you do this well before the deadline of any of your college applications. 
  • PAY YOUR SENIOR/GRADUATION DUES! 
      1. Senior dues, senior dues, senior dues! The first semester’s senior dues were for senior week, but this semester they’re for graduation caps and gowns. If you don’t pay, you won’t be able to walk during graduation or participate in activities during senior week. Senior/graduation dues are $140 if you want a BRAND NEW cap and gown, and $115 if you’re using an OLD cap and gown. Be sure to pay before February 1st or else you’ll have to pay a $30 late fee. You can pay online at www.gabalfour.com 
  • Visit the colleges that you applied to
    1. Get a feel for the campuses, and see if you can see yourself going there for the next four years. This can help with picking the perfect college for you.